Luxna Biotech was founded to support patients who are suffering from diseases and to create oligonucleotide therapeutics by installing technologies that promote the use of oligonucleotide therapeutics in the clinical setting.
Based on the nucleic acid pharmaceutical element technologies accumulated in Osaka University, we promote safer and more effective oligonucleotide therapeutics so they can used in the clinical setting. By accelerating drug research, we aim to respond to unmet medical needs.
Origin of company name
We named our company, Luxna Biotech because we are hoping to bring “light (Lux)” to patients who are suffering from diseases for which there is currently no effective drug treatment by advancing the development of the modified nucleic acid group (XNA), which has been developed by Osaka University.
- Company name
- Luxna Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Date founded
- December 18, 2017
- 1.Manage XNA sub-license program to third party
2. Development of oligonucleotide therapeutics in cooperation with Pharma and Biotech
3. Our original drug development program
4. Oligonucleotide CMC consultation
- President & CEO
- Hideaki Sato
- Technical Advisor
- Professor Satoshi Obika（Osaka University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioorganic Chemistry）
- D131 6F Industry-University Co-Creation Osaka University Yamadaoka 2-1 Suita-city Osaka 565-0871 JAPAN
- Sixty-three million Yen
- 20-minute walk from Hankyu Kita-senri Station. 10-minute walk from Osaka Monorail Handai-byoin-mae Station.